We are at a point now where we are just waiting.
Waiting for our next appointment with Dr. ENT (Tuesday, Aug 29)
Waiting to find out if the insurance company is going to approve the surgery.
Hoping to get a surgery date when we see Dr. ENT on Tuesday.
It is such a helpless feeling.
We are very excited that Toes starts a new therapy on Tuesday, though. :)
We had a rough week. I think reality set in for me and I realized we have to make some changes in our lives. We both work such demanding jobs and way too many hours. The next three years is such a crucial developmental phase. Toes is going to need more than the 1/2 hour to 1 hour that we get to spend with her on the weekday evenings. So, I have decided I am ready to scale back my hours.
I am hoping to revamp my job to make it a part time position. It will require the addition of another person, but I believe it will be a win-win for both me and my company.
It was not an easy decision to make, but I am very excited about the possibilities it opens up for Toes and I. I will hopefully be able to start spending more time with her one on one, working on the speech lessons her therapist assigns.
And more time one on one just playing.
I am hoping to get a positive answer to my part time proposal next week. Wish me luck!